468x60 Ads

Monday, April 29, 2013

Remembering WCOPA 2009

I had this nostalgia moment about a few years back when I stayed in California for over two months. It was July when WCOPA or World Championship of Performing Arts was held at Bonaventure Hotel in Los Angeles where more than 30 countries, including the Philippines participated in the said event. It was unexpected that I had to stay in the hotel in support of my brother and his son and daughters as part of the Philippine team competing in WCOPA 2009. So I had to play the part of my brother's public relation officer. Later on, The Young Voices grabbed the Champion in the Jr. Group Division.

I had my hands full from day 1 to day 5 of the competition checking all the stuffs in the hotel to keep updated about the contest including their rehearsals.

After the day when the competition ended, I was busy exchanging messages with GMA-7 correspondents both in Manila and California for the Young Voice's guestings, and T.V. appearances, and also they had a separate guesting in the California-based Filipino radio station.

We went to Hollywood to shoot an appearance on GMA-7 with Edith Montelibano (wife of Jeff Montelibano of Music and Magic) as the station's correspondent in California.

Below are some of the pictures I took for them during and after the competition.

The grab the title Jr. Group Chamption of the World



In Hollywood for their interview and t.v. appearance
after the announcement of winners on stage
Team Philippines headed by National Director Carlo Orosa
Team Philippines after the 5-day competition
With Songwriter/Composer Vehnee Saturno, Bonaventure Los Angeles
Radio guesting in US-based Filipino station in California




Sameera Chathuranga


0 Responses So Far: