468x60 Ads

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Bataan: One Fine Day At Sisiman Bay, Mariveles


I love to take some pictures of a sunset on a sandy shore, and Sisiman Bay in Mariveles was just a perfect destination being a photo hobbyist.

This is my second time around in Mariveles, Bataan.  The first one was in 2011. I read a few blogs about the Sisiman Bay and that made me thought to visit the place once more.  Mariveles is a first class municipality in the province of Bataan.  Sisiman Bay, where the lighthouse is erected has been one of the landscape photographers’ delights.  With a view of a sunset makes the scene a picture-perfect.

abandoned structure
I call this the Rocky Mountain
At first the boy was shy to pose
Going to Mariveles is a 3-4 hour bus ride from Cubao, Quezon City via Bataan Transit.  The bus left around 9:30 a.m.  The bus had its stop-over in Lubao, Pampanga and we arrived Mariveles at 1:30p.m.  The first thing that came into my mind was to eat. I had some few walks around the town and found an eatery near the market.
on my way to the lightouse where a couple just through with their picture taking
overlooking spot for 180 degree view of the scenery

Expect it to be hot and I decided to take some few walks until I reached Jollibee.  I took an order of choco sundae while waiting for 4 p.m. I had an opportunity to ask the crew where I could get to Sisiman Bay and the crew instructed me to take the blue tricycle which costs 50 pesos one way.
When I was at Sisiman, the scene was familiar realizing that I had an overnight stay in one of the inns at Sisiman 3 years ago.

The beach in Sisiman where you could see the lighthouse uphill was just walking distance and once you saw the abandoned structure is an indication that you have reached the bay.  There was a huge rock for climbing but I did not attempt to climb being alone of my adventure.

 At last I saw the newly reconstructed lighthouse and I had to wait for the sunset to take some shots.  The experience in Sisiman Bay was just amazing and I took the opportunity to take some pictures of the lighthouse.  And finally I have reached the destination where the locales of Mariveles are proud of.

I started packing up past 6 p.m. and unfortunately I was not able to catch up for the bus to Cubao since it has a last trip at 6:30 p.m.  I took the bus going to Balanga since the bus in this town has a last trip at 9 p.m.


Sameera Chathuranga


14 Responses So Far:

Anonymous said...

Hi sir john good day po sa inyo, ask ko lang po yung tricycle sa sasakyan nghahatid mismo sa lighthouse?

Thank you.

john said...

Hello Anonymous,

Yes actually yung tricycle mismo hahatid ka dun sa kanto..pero maglalakad ka pa sa beach hanggang makaabot ka ng lighthouse pero madali lang mahanap yun alam na nila..salamat

Unknown said...

Good day sir :)
question lang po, anung brgy or landmark ang babaan ng bus ?.. going to sisiman bay

thank you :)

john said...

Hello Kryss,

Yung bus mismo sa may sentro ng Mariveles dun yung babaan..pag nakita mo na yung Jollibee dun pwede ka na bumaba...tapos papuntang Sisiman Bay, pwede ka na sumakay ng tricycle sabihin mo lang na dalin ka sa Sisiman Bay, the fare is around 50 pesos..mga approximately 15 minutes lang yun..salamat and enjoy your trip! :D

Regards,

John

Unknown said...

Thanks sir John :)

Unknown said...

Thanks sir John :)

Anonymous said...

Hi John, I would like to commend your pictures, they're stunning. When were these taken? I read other articles saying that the lighthouse fell last 2011 when there was a typhoon. Can you please confirm if the lighthouse is still erected at Sisiman Bay? Thank you.

john said...

Hi Anonymous,

Thank you. This was taken last April 2014. This is the new lighthouse in Sisiman Bay, in replacement of the old one that fell due to the typhoon. :)

Thanks,

John

Anonymous said...

Libre lang po ba pumunta dyan or may entrance fee pa na babayaran?

john said...

hello, yes libre lang walang entrance fee. :D

Anonymous said...

I'm planning to visit there this month are there any good resort or hotel we can stay overnight

Unknown said...

Until what time po bukas nila??

Anonymous said...

Hello is there an inn near to spend the night?thanks

Anonymous said...

pwd po bang mag camp overnight?