468x60 Ads

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Batanes Day 1: Tuguegarao to Batanes

Boarding at Tuguegarao Airport
Months and perhaps a year before this inception of going to Batanes Island, I did a lot of researches about this place over the internet which allowed me to plan out and prepare well to rusticate in this island, a truly jewel in the north. Mesmerizing as it can be, Batanes simply takes my breath away the moment when the plane, Sky Pasada landed at Basco Airport. No inhibition to what I should do and the first thing I did was to get to the inn that I have found on the internet, Shandel's Inn. But thanks to the Chasing Light seminar, with the tips they shared to us helped me to improve my photography skill as a tyro in this endeavor. The workshop was also part of my preparation before going to Batanes Island. What first made me become interested about the island was because of the show of Arminda Sigeon-Reyna's "Aawitan Kita" where they shoot the musical show shown in the early '90s. featuring Batanes Island.

Basco Airport
 My cravings have become more intense as soon as I read blogs, and one time the island was featured on GMA-7's " Kay Susan Tayo" a few years back. Nevertheless, the plan of visiting Batanes have been planted and photography had become an instrument to visit the place.

The 13-hour trip from Manila to Tuguegarao and the nervousness I felt in flying was worth an energy. It was my first time to board from a small plane as compared to the past international flights I had done before.

To describe its, totality, the place was spell-binding. More to come about Batanes as my exploration begins today.

Sameera Chathuranga


1 Responses So Far:

Anonymous said...

How much did you paid for the plane ticket from tuguegarao to batanes?