468x60 Ads

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Facing Our Fears

Up to this day I am not done yet of reading the book "The Power of Now" that a friend of mine suggested me to read. Maybe it is because I was too much preoccupied with the things I was doing and my mind could no longer process to absorb more information. What I did was, if ever I have some time, I open the pages of this book to read one at a time. And I'm not even half way through yet.

From the beginning of this book it emphasizes the ego and what it can do to men, that every person has to face the "Now" situation rather than being weighed down by the past, or worrying too much about the future. That each situation entails about our own fears. Well, I haven't fully read the book yet, and I know there's a lot more than this to be unleashed as I start to read from pages to pages.

I've been haunted by my own fears and that is being undeniable. Fears that don't escalate me to grow. Maybe a fear to face of what is knowing to face the truth. We all have our own truth that sometimes it's some kinda feel you uncomfortable. I have bunches of them that I am trying to deal with it as I grow spiritually. I can't enumerate them one by one so generally speaking the fears that is surfacing individuals.

Let's put it this way. We are all mirrors and we see ourselves to another body and whatever things that we see either positive or negative reflects back to us. There's no problem with the positive reflection, for it brings the best of us and when we see it to others, what a joy we can feel in our hearts. But what about the negative ones? That could probably surprise you and the effects are the one causing us to be fearful. The fear to face what is the truth behind the curtain is our realization that could be challenging in our part. It surprises you to see yourself as reflection from the people around you. To see yourself in another person is an aspect that lets you to become fearful maybe because of the characters that we have for us to change and that we need to figure out how we can face this reality. 

The fear to face the "Now" is what makes us ought to become lethargic instead of focusing what should be done to face the problem. And that whatever happens in our past and when we think of it weighs us down and our self-esteem becomes low. That being emotional is one of the elements that lingers our own fears. It let's us become passive. This is part of our own ego self that should be tarnished and facing our own fears could let us move forward so we can make way for our own growth that we have learned from our past mistakes.




Sameera Chathuranga


0 Responses So Far: