468x60 Ads

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Higantes Festival 2014

Since 2012 I go to the coloful festivity of Higantes Festival, a much celebrated fiesta in Angono, Rizal popular for the Higantes parading on the streets.  It was my first time to go as early as 8 a.m. and they close the main street in Angono and from the high way I walked for over one kilometer to reach the market place.  I met a peer who waited me there for over an hour.

As expected the street was crowded as the locals watch the parade and some participate by throwing some water to the spectators. Well, I was quite wet but I prepared for it by wearing an ordinary shirt and a short pants intended for that event.




I end up in Wawa Park and was able to meet the mayor of the town, Mayor Calderon.  We had lunch before I parted way and go home at noon time.






Sameera Chathuranga


0 Responses So Far: