468x60 Ads

Monday, November 24, 2014

What Cosplay Is All About


Just a few days before the cosplay shoot, I received a phone call from Shelai who is in charge of the said event. Since I was not busy for the past few days, I grabbed the stint, and seriously I never had an idea what a cosplay was all about.  I went to Taytay in the plaza where the location shoot was held.  There were around 9 participants on the said event and the competition is set on January 2015.

What is cosplay all about? According to Wikipedia, it is a portmanteu of costume play and is a performance art which the participants called a cosplayers wear costumes and accessories to represent a specific character.

Most of the cosplayers are of younger generation as to what I have seen so far.  But according to some, it's not limited to those young ones as matured people can do the same.

It was fun seeing the cosplayers in their costume.  As a photographer myself, it's like fashion too but in this way I never had an experience shooting events like this.





Sameera Chathuranga


0 Responses So Far: