468x60 Ads

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Some of the Old Churches I visited In Bicol

Visiting the old churches is part of my sight-seeing tour.  It fascinates me to see a century-old church which depicts how Christianity was brought to some places.  The church stands as witness to some of the events that occurred in the place because in spite of some of the surpassing events,  the church becomes foundation which holds the key from the past.

I spent two weeks in Bicol starting from the Holy Week. I have visited some few old churches in Naga City, Province of Albay and as far as Burias Island in Masbate.  Only if I have more time I can still visit some churches which I still have to discover in Bicol region.

It's part of my plan to go to church which may stand as the landmark of the towns.

Basilica Minore in Naga City
Porta Mariae
San Pascual Church, in San Pascual Burias Island Masbate
Nuestra SeƱora de la Porteria is also known as Daraga Church in Albay
San Raphael Church in Legazpi, Albay



Sameera Chathuranga


0 Responses So Far: