468x60 Ads

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Cagayan Valley: A Glimpse of Claveria

A scenic sunset view of Claveria beach
Claveria is a one of the municipalities in the province of Cagayan Valley.  It is said to be one of the cleanest towns in the Philippines.  It offers some scenic spots of sand beaches, the Lakay-lakay Lagoon, Ubing-Ubing, Mabnang and Kikiling falls.  I never had the chance to visit one of these places except for the Claveria beaches due to time constraints as I was scheduled to depart the port off to Calayan Island via Lampitaw boat ride. 

The sunset shore


Some of the folks I met at the hall as they relax


After 4-hour ride Victory Liner bus from Cubao at 7:30 a.m. on May 15, 2014, I arrived Tuguegarao at 9:30 p.m. and decided to check in at Neto’s Lodge, a few walk from the bus station.  I checked out at 6 a.m. and I took the van outside for a 4-hour ride to Claveria.  After my arrival to Claveria, I took my breakfast in a small restaurant.  I went to the beach with my 2 bags and met some folks there at the hall.  They suggested me to check in to the lodge and they call it Agri-based Lodge because that’s the cheapest lodge in the town.

Ice scramble vendor I gave the folks a treat


Late in the afternoon I had some few walks to the beach as I watched for the sunset for my photography.  I was supposed to go to Ubing-Ubing but some locals there told me it was quite far and it is another barangay.
The following day I was scheduled to ride the Lampitaw boat M/B Jason in Tagat Lagoon for my Calayan Island trip.  I received a text from my contact person from Calayan who provided me the booking for lampitaw to leave at 6 a.m.

Some kids playing in the sand

My shoes

I left the lodge at 4:45 a.m. as the guard called a tricycle going to Tagat Lagoon where the M/B Jason berthed.
The boat left at 6:45 a.m. after the loading of the goods was done.

Related Links:

A Guide When Getting to Calayan Island
Calayan Island Adventure: Getting to Magsidel 
Calayan Island Adventure: Sibang Beach
Calayan Island Adventure: The Lampitaw Boat Ride
Cagayan Valley: A Glimpse of Claveria

Sameera Chathuranga


0 Responses So Far: