468x60 Ads

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Tanay: The Pililla Wind farm

Finally after several plans I got in to this place last Monday,  I was already in Tanay last Sunday unfortunately because of the rain, I had to go back the following day in Tanay to see these beautiful windmills across the scenic mountainous of Pililla.




I've read about some blogs on how to get there and I found out that you don't really have to rent a tricycle and pay 200 pesos one way to be able to go to the windmills and be back on the city proper of Tanay.  All you need is just when you reach the market, you will have to ride a jeepney in the terminal that go to Sinoloan, Laguna. The fare is 35.00 pesos only and you'll get big savings when done alone.






If you are not in a hurry, you can choose this option but you have to wait long before the jeepney run because seats have to be filled up until it is full.  Then ask the driver to drop you off at the windmills. It takes around 15-20 minutes to get there in the wind farm.




Finally the conductor dropped me off to the wind farm and I walk all the way through the hills of scenic spot around 20 minutes.  There are tricycles available and fare is just only 10 pesos.

When I reached the wind farm, you can see the plains of Tanay, Rizal and you get a very good view of Laguna de Bay on the other side.
On the side roads are vendors selling fruits and some souvenir items like shirts and windmill miniatures.  According to one of the vendors I have talked to, the souvenirs come from Ilocos Province.  It is noted that there are windmills in Bangui, Ilocos Norte.

I spent some few hours in the spot and it was around 5:30 p.m. that I left the place.

Now I have visited the wind mills in Pilillia, this is part of my adventure of exploring Rizal Province.



Sameera Chathuranga


0 Responses So Far: