468x60 Ads

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Things I Remember Most Last Summer


Biri Island, Northern Samar

It can't be denied that one thing for sure, the ultimate experience I had last summer was my trip from Biri Island, Northern Samar. I took the initiative by taking a bus ride in Cubao Araneta bus station going to Sorsogon City. It was a 12-hour drive to reach the destination, then I proceeded to Matnog, Sorsogon where the ferry boat ride to Allen was located. It was an hour ferry ride to Allen, Northern Samar.

Allen is a small town, there's not really much to see there except for some resorts, so I spent an overnight stay in the resort but there was no internet connection, even when you have an internet prepaid card, you can be connected but the internet was pretty slow that you could hardly open your Facebook account and upload some photos. There was no choice but to go to the port where you can find an internet shop there. You have to ride a tricycle for ten to fifteen minutes that would take you to the port.

Proceeding to Leveriza is the only way to Biri Island where you have to ride a "banka" but you need to wait patiently until the boat is full. Your choice is to rent a boat at a cost of 500 pesos one way, a 45-minute boat ride to Biri Island.

I stayed in Villa Amor Resort at a minimal fee and it was a blissful experience to see the rock formation in the island where you had to cross the water for 30 minutes before you reach this rock. Need to be extra careful as the water reaches your chest when it is high tide. I had an injury in my foot then, because of slippery steps while pacing to the rock formation.

When you've reached and climbed the rock, it was pretty a magical experience.

Going home was a disaster. I took a second rate aircon bus coming from Ormoc with the ferry, when I reached back to Matnog, Sorsogon that would leave the port immediately. Upon reaching the Pasay terminal, the operator wanted us to transfer to another bus but hearing the passengers who came mostly from Ormoc, as they complained about the transfer, I stood before them and I got mad that I wanted to talk to the manager, defending that we would ride the same bus coming from the province and that we would never transfer. I demanded and withstand what was right. So in the end, the operator gave up. The passengers were thanking me because of standing with them from their complaints..


Sameera Chathuranga


0 Responses So Far: