468x60 Ads

Sunday, June 24, 2012

From Dipolog City to Cebu City

My sister in law invited me to attend the 50th wedding anniversary of her parents on June 16, 2012. I took the plane in the morning via Cebu Pacific and I was surprised that all local flights are now in Terminal 3, which used to be the house of the international flights.

The flight got delayed and arrived in Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte past two in the afternoon. I was fetched by my sister in law and my brother and took me to my in law's home where I stayed for 2 nights.

I covered the wedding event the following day, July 17 where I took the shots there. The night came, my brother took me to the bay area where we had some chicken barbecues.

My brother had to go home in Cebu the following day so I decided to go with him to glance Cebu. As early as 5:30 am on July 18, we left Dipolog City by his car, and proceeded to Dapitan City where the port is located going to Bato, Cebu. It was a 4 hour ferry ride and the car left and we went to Cebu City where he had to attend the meeting, before proceeding to Bogo City where he used to live.

A glimpse of Santander, Cebu


It was like we had a road trip, from the port in Bato in Santander, few hours later we had lunch to one of the town which I forgot the name of the place, but we also had a stop over in Carcar, Cebu. Carcar is best known for crispy chicharon. Then few hours later we've reached Cebu City.

Carcar, Cebu is best known for crispy chicharon


We left Cebu City at around 6pm and we had dinner in the town of Danao, Cebu.

My brother had two bodyguards. And didn't want me to go places without the bodyguards, haha..and he may be overprotective..hehehe...But that was absolutely okay for me..I know now how it feels to have a bodyguard.

We arrived Bogo City past 9p.m and stayed at the former mayor's place. Actually he was with us in the car from Cebu City where my brother fetched him up before leaving the city.

On July 19, we packed up at 11am to go to Mactan Airport for the plane leaves at 4pm in the afternoon. I was with the former mayor in the airport going to Manila via Zest Air.

My stint in Cebu was really short, for it was only an overnight stay. By August, as soon as my brother arrives from the U.S. I will be back there in Cebu and this time around, it would be a pure vacation.

Sameera Chathuranga


0 Responses So Far: