468x60 Ads

Monday, March 19, 2018

Side Trip: Engkanto Falls

Five days I had a hard time to decide whether I go to Caramoan or Engkanto Falls. Engkanto falls is just an hour away from where I stayed in Pasacao, Camarines Sur and it is a perfect jump off point for me from crossing Pamplona to Libmanan, where Engkanto is just a few steps from the high way in Libmanan. Whereas, when you go to Caramoan, from Naga is about 4 to 5 hours traveling time, considering that buses to Caramoan has a limited time of leaving.  I was totally unprepared for the Caramoan trip so I decided to go to Engkanto Falls where I don't have to prepare that much.
Engkanto has multiple falls

one of the falls and there are still more when you go up

Engkanto falls has a cascade of water falls located in Baranggay Bikal in Libmanan town, Camarines Sur. Not far from Pamplona which is just about one town away or 20-30 minutes travel time from the national high way in Pamplona.
small road will take away 10-15 minutes walk to to the falls
you will pass this farm on the first jump off point
you will cross this wooden bride at the first jump off point

When you reach Libmanan, there are two jump off point which takes around 10-15 minutes walking distance from the high way.  The first one is before the main bridge of the high way which a small cemented path to walk crossing a stream with a small bridge built made of wood.  While the second one is after the bridge and getting to the falls has a wide road which lets the cars can pass through it and stop at the gate.  There is an entrance fee of 20 pesos but starting March 15, the entrance fee rises to 50 pesos.  Engkanto falls have cottages and to those who love to sing you and videoke is available for rent.

the main gate to the falls

Falls have a little trekking if you decide to go up but in my case I never went to the top to see more falls because I don't really like to go up, aside from the bag that I carry.

My mission was just to take some photos of the falls and that's all I want, and not something that I have to go up to the cliff.

Well I guess for me there's not much about this adventure so I decided to go back to Pasacao at past 2 p.m.


Sameera Chathuranga


0 Responses So Far: