468x60 Ads

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Sunrise Cove Hideaway in Calatagan Batangas

This year I promise to bring more travel experience on the table. I have missed out a lot of travel opportunities for the past few years due to some circumstances that I needed to take care of.  Now I think this year is the best time for more travel and get some good hideaways, although budget may always something that I have to consider.
solid rocks at the moment when you walk to the right at Sunrise Cove

Sto Domingo de Silos is the landmark going to the resorts
The big cottage house has 3 rooms, kitchen and large veranda
some of the cottage houses of the resorts
some of the resort beds outside the cottage house

Last February 21, 2018 I was invited to go to Calatagan, Batangas for a 3-day getaway and photo shoots to a couple celebrating their 25 years of marriage, who came from Berlin, Germany.  I was informed through Facebook a few days before the traveling date.  So I did not hesitate because I know I do not have any other schedule within that week except for my nightly e-commerce business which I had to check my email every night, aside from the newsletters and promotion that I was doing.
sunrise romantic shot of my client and floating cottage can be seen
setting the bonfire at night
pillows in a small cottage
me relaxing


So I met the couple at Crowne Hotel in Ortigas Center at noon where the van was ready to pick up the couple and their German friends.
entrance to the cove

van owned by bro rene

Receiving area and office

Our first stop over was in Sta Rosa, Laguna where we had lunch at Jollibee.  We went via Sta Rosa en route to Tagaytay.  We had a few minutes stop-over in Tagaytay but our total traveling time from  Metro Manila to Calatagan took us about 6 hours since we left the hotel around 1pm already.

We passed through Lian, Batangas and if I was right, Calatagan is just at the tip-most part of Batangas.

boating

cottage house


If you have reached Calatagan, the landmark was a small church -Sto Domingo de Silos is approximately 30 minute drive going to the Sunrise Cove.

We arrived past six at the resort just good for preparing our dinner.  It is a resort made of wooden houses with amenities like floating cottage, karaoke, bar and cottages in the sand.  The receiving area is a small office right at the entrance of the resort. 

guests/tourists having a jump shot

In the morning lies the sunrise in the horizon which is a photographer's delight to take some photos during sunrise. 

They planned to go boating on the way to the white sand bar but I did not go with them and remain at the resort.

On our third day at Sunrise Cove, we packed up our things at noon and took them to the van.  We drove to Tagaytay for approximately 2 hours and stayed a while at the hotel for a lunch(I forgot the name...lol) and it has an overlooking scenery of Taal Lake. At past 2pm, Bro Rene, the owner of the van dropped me of in Rotonda where I took the bus going to Manila.  Our company remained in Tagaytay for 2 days before they went back to Sta. Rosa, Laguna.


Note: For van rentals, please message me and I will give Bro Rene's contact information.

Sameera Chathuranga


0 Responses So Far: