468x60 Ads

Saturday, July 30, 2016

The Majestic Mayon Volcano

At last I was able to capture the perfect cone of Mayon Volcano, when I visited the province of Albay.  I went to Legazpi, the capital of Albay.  Several attempts have been made to capture the volcano without hiding in the clouds.

I captured Mayon Volcano in two different time of the golden hour, the first one was sunset and the second one was during sunrise.  Although there are several spots to capture the majestic volcano, I decided to stay at the port, in Legazpi boulevard.  Coming from Naga City for a two hour ride via van to Legazpi, I was able to make it 30 minutes before the sunset.

I asked the tricycle driver to bring me to the boulevard where the volcano is seen during sunset.


When I went to the port, I have seen these guys fishing so I think this was  a good capture while it was sunset.

When it was already dark, I went to downtown and spent the rest of the hours strolling to the mall and on the streets.  I went to the internet cafe which operates until 4am and spend some hours on the internet.

Occasionally, I go to Dunkin' Donuts and ordered some donuts and coffee there, it was open 24 hours and the place was safe to stay, aside from a free wi-fi access.

At 5am, I had a 30 minute walked to the boulevard waiting for the sunrise.

I thought I had some bad captures on the volcano and when I posted the picture on my Facebook account, I received a lot of good comments.


The whole experience was worthwhile. And finally I was able to capture the volcano without the clouds covering Mayon.

There are so many spots to capture the volcano in different towns of Albay and the easiest way is when you go to the boulevard.

Sameera Chathuranga


2 Responses So Far:

Tet Lorenz said...

Beautiful photo! Request to use this for a presentation for our environmental group, COCAP, at DENR 28 Jan 2017. Storyline is that our country is beautiful, but due to irresponsible human activities, so much environmental destruction has occurred, ending with all citizens to do their share in protecting and conserving our environment and beautiful Philippines. Thanks. Tet

john said...

Hi Tet,

Thanks for visiting my blog. Yes you can use my photo for your presentation.

Thanks and regards,

John