468x60 Ads

Friday, April 3, 2015

The Good Friday at Angono, Rizal

It can't be denied that Angono, Rizal is the Arts Capital of the Philippines.  I've been in this town a countless times not only because it is a nearby place, around 30 minutes from my home, I felt myself being an artist.  Aside from being once a singer, I love photography. One of the main attraction in Angono is the Wawa Park as you can see the sunset at Angono Park as it goes down to the horizon connecting between the sky and water.  At the horizon itself is the view of the skyline of Ortigas Center where tall buildings can be seen.

This was my first visit in Angono for this year.  Today is Good Friday that I decided to go to Angono.  Taking a 20-minute walk from the plaza to Wawa Park is that easy although at 5pm was still quite hot. But once you rich the park, is windy and that makes the place interesting in spite of the heat of the sun.

I did figure out that in Wawa Park becomes my hub not only for photography but for reflection as well.  I think about the nasty things I have done, the good and the bad things and some of the dreams and aspirations that's still I had to do.  In just a quite moment during my silence, sometimes I feel sad and seems like I have this empty thing in my heart.  I feel empty that it's really hard to why it happened this way.  I really feel that I am lost in hope that one day everything becomes okay.


I spent the night at the parade as part of my Good Friday reflection, walking some of the streets of Angono.  The last time I joined the Good Friday parade was in Boac, Marinduque 3 years ago.  This is something to remind me about the passion of our Lord Jesus Christ, though I do this once in a while.

Today I had made a vow to our Lord Jesus to always join the parade during Good Friday.

Sameera Chathuranga


0 Responses So Far: