468x60 Ads

Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 3: Revisiting Cagsawa Ruins in Daraga

Going to Daraga, Albay to see the Cagsawa Ruins would take around 3 hours bus ride from Naga City, Camarines Sur via Legazpi bus route. The stop-over keeps the pace slow as passengers were to pick up in some of the towns while on its way to destination.

It was in 2002 the last time I visited Cagsawa Ruins with my family. Ten years later I decided to visit the place once more, in March 18, 2012. I left Pasacao as early as 830 a.m. You will see the grandeur of Mt. Mayon and the Cagsawa Church as the main spots of this tourist destination. The bridge to the ruins was under reconstruction as it is temporarily closed for vehicles.

The clouds covered the cone of the Mayon Volcano which may be quite disappointing to some, especially to those photo enthusiasts.

By 230pm I decided to leave the place and go back to Naga City.







road under construction
some souvenirs shops




Sameera Chathuranga


2 Responses So Far:

Anonymous said...

finally, i saw a good travel-photography blog. Bicolano din. :)

john said...

To Anonymous,

Yes, I am a Bicolano by heart and I love the Bicol province. Thanks for your comment!!

John